The validity period of registration can be assumed to have expired on account of a number of reasons:
- The maximum number of attempts allowed getting exhausted and the student being required to re-register for continuing the course.
- The registration itself getting expired where there is a validity period specifically mentioned for registration.
- The validity period of the CC getting expired and the student being required to re-register to revalidate the CC.
Maximum Number of Attempts:
There is no specific mention regarding the maximum number of attempts
Expiry of Registration
- 5 years from the date of registration for Inter.
- 3 years from the date of registration if the student does not appear in any examination till then.
The candidate has to get his/her registration renewed by a process called Denovo Registration. The candidate after registering denovo would be in the same position as if his/her registration has not been cancelled.
Expiry of CC
3 years from the date of issue (covering 6 attempts)
Failing to get through within the Validity Period
A student whose registration has expired might have completed the coaching process and also might have cleared one group and/or might have got exemptions in one or more papers of one/both groups.
Since registration denovo would place the student in a position as if his/her registration has not been cancelled, it amounts to the student retaining all the exemptions obtained till then.
Any group that the student has cleared would be treated as such and any exemptions gained would stay.